Winemaker’s Dinner Series – Dobbes Family Estate
November 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $50.00
We are thrilled to share The Kitchen with Dobbes Estate winemaker Andy McVay and wine ambassador Toni Kidd as they share with you how their wine is influenced by nature, nurture and artistry. Throughout their seven vineyard locations, they are able to share with you many varietals and a true sense of the word “terroir”.
Andy McVay, Winemaker
Andy is a native Oregonian who grew up in Hillsboro just outside the city limits. Agriculture has always been important to him, but a strong desire for science and art lead him to combine these three facets into a winemaking career. Andy graduated in 2003 with a degree in Food and Fermentation Science from Oregon State University and quickly got to work in the cellar. The 2008 harvest brought Andy to Wine By Joe as a Cellar Master transitioning to Assistant Winemaker in 2010 then Head Winemaker in 2017. Andy and his wife Angie live in Forest Grove and although work has taken the lead in their lives, they find balance by traveling and spending time in the garden.
Toni Kidd, Wine Ambassador
Born and raised in New Jersey, Toni had her first experience with wine on her grandmother’s vineyard estate, Setriolo in Castellina in Chianti, the famed Sangiovese growing region in Tuscany, Italy. She graduated from Cornell University Hotel School and decided wine was her passion. Working for Henry Wine Group and Wine Warehouse and then as a District Manager with Allied Domecq in Northern California, Toni found her stride. She moved to Oregon to raise her family and entered into the Oregon wine scene joining Young’s Market Company for nine years. Although she had sold Wine by Joe and Dobbes wines for many years, Toni is thrilled to be the NW Winery Ambassador and asset to the winery team by working all areas of the Pacific NW as well as throughout the country.
THE MENU & PAIRINGS
Chefs Jessica & Kate will walk through a demonstration cooking class featuring a four-course seasonal menu where we share the tips and tricks to creating a beautifully paired menu. Jean, our Curator of Wine & Experiences, will educate you on the individual pairings with each course.
This is being crafted now. Please check back!
- SEATING: Seating will be offered for parties of 2 at each of our bistro tables, and 4-8 person groups at our two Chef’s tables.
- DEPOSIT: A $50 table deposit is required and will be deducted from your final bill.
- PER PERSON PRICE: A per-person cost of $145 will be billed at the close of the evening minus the table deposit.
- GRATUITY: Service gratuity is gratefully accepted on your final bill. A 20% gratuity is added for groups of six (6) or more.
- If you have a party larger than 10, call The Kitchen at 503-746-3030 to allow us to assist you with your reservation.
- Please let us know if you or any of your guests are vegan or have a gluten intolerance.
Deposit & Registration Details
Due to the nature of our events, classes, and dinners, all payments are non-refundable or exchangeable. If you find yourself unable to attend, you may transfer the ticket to someone else. However, we are unable to refund, exchange, or apply a credit to another offering. All payments are final.