Winemaker’s Dinner Series – Sokol Blosser
November 18 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $50.00
We are so excited for our Fall Winemaker’s Dinner Series and sharing our kitchen for a fun and informative demonstration cooking class all about pairing Oregon wines with seasonal food! For this dinner, we welcome Sokol Blosser’s Alex Sokol Blosser.
Alex Sokol Blosser, Co-President, Winemaker & Second Generation Winegrower
Alex is the son of Sokol Blosser’s founders, Susan Sokol Blosser and Bill Blosser, who grew up working in the family vineyards and winery. Not much has changed. The strong pull of the family wine business kept pulling him back in from escapes to college in Texas, to a stint with the Air Force Reserves. The wine life had him and it just took a few years for him to realize that he really did love the business and wanted to make this his life’s work.
In typical family business fashion, Alex has played many roles at Sokol Blosser from cellar rat, to Vineyard Manager, to Vice President of Sales. All these prior positions groomed him for his current and last position with the winery; that of Winemaker. Alex is only the fourth winemaker to walk the catwalks in the winery since the first vintage in the Dundee Hills in 1977. He has worked with and under all the previous winemakers and brings forward those learnings and a winemaking desire to fashion Pinot Noir that inspires the world.
Alex is grateful to have found a life partner with his wife Ginny, and for his two sons, Nikolas and Avery, for whom he tries but fails to beat in the card game Magic. He lives on the vineyard and when time allows he is often reading science fiction, riding his bike, watching the Tour de France, and pining for the day when the LA Dodgers raise the World Series title once again.
THE MENU & PAIRINGS
Chefs Jessica & Kate will walk through a demonstration cooking class featuring a four-course seasonal menu where we share the tips and tricks to creating a beautifully paired menu. Jean, our Curator of Wine & Experiences, will educate you on the individual pairings with each course.
This is being crafted now. Please check back!
- SEATING: Seating will be offered for parties of 2 at each of our bistro tables, and 4-8 person groups at our two Chef’s tables.
- DEPOSIT: A $50 table deposit is required and will be deducted from your final bill.
- PER PERSON PRICE: A per-person cost of $145 will be billed at the close of the evening minus the table deposit.
- GRATUITY: Service gratuity is gratefully accepted on your final bill. A 20% gratuity is added for groups of six (6) or more.
- If you have a party larger than 10, call The Kitchen at 503-746-3030 to allow us to assist you with your reservation.
- Please let us know if you or any of your guests are vegan or have a gluten intolerance.
Deposit & Registration Details
Due to the nature of our events, classes, and dinners, all payments are non-refundable or exchangeable. If you find yourself unable to attend, you may transfer the ticket to someone else. However, we are unable to refund, exchange, or apply a credit to another offering. All payments are final.