The Kitchen takes keeping our customers and team healthy very seriously. Here are some of the extra steps we are taking to create a safe class experience:
- We are closely following CDC and local public health orders and guidelines.
- We have reduced our class size to 8 people (4 pairs) to ensure ample social distancing.
- Instead of family-style meals, each pair will now create their own fresh uncooked foods (ie salad) and all group prepped foods will be handled with gloves and then cooked demonstration-style by one of our talented chefs. We will temporarily suspend family-style service and instead, our team will serve you the lovely food you learned to create!
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning with disinfectants throughout the Kitchen, particularly high-touch surfaces.
- Instructors and staff will wear face coverings throughout your class.
Face masks or protective coverings are now recommended when out in public, but they are not required at The Kitchen. We ask that you remember to socially distance, staying 6 ft away from others outside of your group.
If for any reason you’re not feeling well enough to cook on your class day, it’s not a problem. We’ve modified our cancellation policy to be more flexible and will help you reschedule or cancel.
We believe in gathering together over good food. But if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, the CDC strongly recommends—and we ask—that you stay home. Even if you’re just coughing, you might expose others with compromised immune systems who will have greater difficulty recovering. There will be other opportunities to get together—we promise. We can’t wait to have you in The Kitchen when you’re better!
At this time, we have decided to cancel our kids and teen camps for the summer out of an abundance of caution.
This was not an easy decision, but it became clear that the preventative and safety measures recommended by the CDC, as well as local public health orders, would require too many changes to our camp which has always been about a fun group cooking experience. We will keep you posted if we feel like we can make any changes to this decision!